Plan ahead and start early on the application process. Contact the university you're transferring to if you have questions or concerns.
- Know the deadlines, especially application and scholarship. Make sure you don't miss any.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Pay the application fee.
- Request colleges you have attended to send your official transcript. Official transcripts can be ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse for $5 each. Please check with Registration and Records for more information and a link to the order form.
- Send immunization records (Check with NWC Student Health Service if you need a copy.)
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid ) to determine eligibility for Pell grants, loans, work-study job and some scholarships. (Find the FAFSA code for your transfer school on their website.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Arrange for housing.
- Check for additional application information needed such as ACT/SAT scores, high school transcripts, personal essay, etc.
- Check specific admission requirements related to your major.
Our transfer syllabus has great advice and checklist forms for you to use to keep track of your college application steps.