Financial aid and scholarships don’t automatically renew each year. You must repeat several of the application steps you took as a freshman. It’s easier the second time, but the same rules apply: if you miss any steps or deadlines, you won’t get money.
You may want to print this page and check off each step as you complete it. Do each step in the order listed.
- Apply for scholarships. NWC’s one-step application process automatically submits you for any new scholarships you’re now eligible for. It’s worth your time.
- Complete the FAFSA again if you’re interested in grants, loans or student jobs.
- Look for your Request Letter in the mail and respond immediately. Fill in all forms completely and return them to the NWC Financial Aid Office, 231 W. 6th St., Powell, WY 82435. Print extra forms if needed.
- Students don’t need to reapply for their federal loans, but parents do. Both students and parents need to submit new Loan Request Forms. Find links to these forms and review the loan application process here.
- Respond to your Award Letter. You’ll receive the letter in the mail or you can access it on MyNWC. You won’t receive any aid unless you sign and return the letter to the Financial Aid Office.
- If you receive military benefits, take a copy of your class schedule to the Financial Aids Office as soon as you register for classes.
- Apply for student jobs if you want to earn more money for school
Improve your chances of receiving financial aid and scholarships by submitting all your paperwork before the priority deadline.
Plan on completing your FAFSA four-six weeks ahead of the priority deadline if you want NWC to receive it by the priority deadline.
- March 1 is the priority deadline for fall semester
- October 1 is the priority deadline for spring semester