There are many benefits associated with becoming a tutor at Northwest College.
- Earn $7.25 per hour starting wages
- After completing certification (tutor training) earn $8.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Subject reinforcement
- Resume builder
- New friendships
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at Northwest College
- "A" (or instructor's approval) in the subject you wish to tutor
- Recommendation from the course instructor
- Participate in tutor training (you will be paid for attending)
- Verbal communication skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to maintain records, files, and process payroll
- Ability to work with students from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to stay focused
- Ability to work with multiple students at a time
- Interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, supervisors, and faculty
- Ability to work with students of various ability levels while maintaining patience, consideration, and respect
- Ability to use a computer and software applications
Preference may be given to tutors with the following additional qualifications:
- Ability to tutor multiple courses
- Strong communication skills
How to Apply:
- Fill out a application.
- Obtain instructor's signature as a recommendation for each course you would like to tutor.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview with Jen Schneider, the Tutoring Coordinator.
Please bring the completed application, including the signed instructor's recommendations to your appointment.
Please contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you for your interest in becoming a tutor!
Peer Tutoring Coordinator