Buckles-Hanna Service Award
To recognize and honor an alumnus who in the past or is currently a member of Northwestern College community (i.e. faculty, staff, trustee, administration and/or volunteers) and who has given outstanding service to the Northwestern community and its mission.
- Demonstrated leadership and service to Northwestern.
- Active member of a church.
- Attended Northwestern for a minimum of the academic equivalent of one year or other institutions consolidated with Northwestern College
- Advocate of Northwestern.
- Significant contributions to Northwestern.
- The Service Award may be awarded annually at the discretion of the Alumni Council.
- The nomination process shall be open to all past and present faculty, staff administration and volunteers of Northwestern.
- The Alumni Office must receive all nominations in writing.
- Recognition is extended to the person who has served quietly and faithfully, as well as to those who are widely recognized for their contributions (financial or otherwise).
- The members of the Alumni Council and the Alumni Director will select the recipient, with the president’s approval.
- If possible, the candidate must plan to spend a day on campus, speaking in chapel and be able to accept the award in person at a public presentation program.