Invitation to the Community
We love to share our music! Please join us for any of our upcoming concerts or programs, listed at our events page. Our concerts are affordable—and often free—and offer a wide array of music, including formal ensemble concerts, our Faculty Artist Series, and many student recitals. Join us!
Jeremy Kolwinska, D.M.A.
Chair, Department of Music
Department of Music Mission
The Northwestern College Department of Music teaches, mentors and equips students to think, perform, lead and worship with creativity and conviction, to the glory of God. That's our mission, and it's what sets us apart.
A Special Note to Students
If you would like to take part in music at Northwestern, we offer eight major ensembles and numerous chamber ensembles where you can exercise your love of music and experience a new depth to your musicianship and technical skills.
If you plan to pursue a music major, there is important information for you posted under Music Auditions & Scholarships. Non-music majors may also participate in ensembles or take private lessons on a wide variety of instruments from one of our skilled faculty members.
The best way to see what the Department of Music has to offer is to come see for yourself! Contact us to arrange a personal visit or request more information.
Department of Music Goals
Our Department of Music Goals illustrate our commitment to prepare students to be dedicated and accomplished in the music field of their choice.
- Integrate worship and creativity into all of life.
- Offer academically rigorous and up-to-date courses and a variety of learning and performance opportunities for all Northwestern students.
- Model professionalism and integrity in teaching and performing.
- Maintain a caring, nurturing musical community on campus.
- Continue Northwestern's commitment to excellence in classical and traditional music, while also embracing new forms of art music in a Christian environment.
- Serve the campus, surrounding community and region through performances.
- Engage students in service, missions, worship and encounters with other cultures through department activities and annual tours.
The Northwestern College Department of Music is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.