- The most well-known stretch of Highway 14A is the 57 mile stretch between Lovell and Burgess Junction.
- The portion of 14A which covers the western face of the Bighorns
drops 3,600 feet from the top of the Bighorns to the floor of the Big
- 14A has 10% grades and three runaway truck ramps.
- During construction, Wyoming highway engineers were given
on-the-job training in mountain climbing from the National Outdoor
Leadership school in Lander.
- The mountain face is so steep that stretches of the highway are
supported by filled panels which are bolted to the side of the mountain.