Certified Personal Trainer (ACE)
- Thursdays, January 11, 2018 - March 1, 2018
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Powell: 231 W 6th Street, Johnson Fitness Center, Room 4
- Haley Sorenson, ACSM CPT
Join us for the Certified Personal Trainer course!
This course is designed to give students the knowledge and understanding necessary to prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam, and become effective personal trainers.
The course presents ACE Integrated Fitness Training® (ACE IFT®) Model as a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client's unique health, fitness, and goals.
Key Topics Include:
- Human anatomy, exercise physiology, applied kinesiology, and nutrition
- Principles of adherence, motivation, behavioral change, and health psychology
- Communication and teaching techniques
- ACE IFT® Model
- Building rapport
- Health and exercise history information assessment
- Functional training: assessments, programming, and progressions for posture, movement, core, balance, and flexibility
- Physiological assessments
- Resistance training: programming and progressions
- Cardio-respiratory training: programming and progressions
- Performance training: programming and progressions
- Professional and legal responsibilities, scope of practice, and business strategies for personal trainers
- Special exercise programming topics: mind-body exercise, special populations, and exercise implications of common musculoskeletal injuries
or for more information:
call 307-754-6062 or email PowellCTD@nwc.edu
Important! Registration is not complete until payment is made.