Northwest College will provide childcare assistance grants to qualified students to assist with the cost of childcare. The grant will be distributed as a one-time payment beginning Sept. 14, 2022. The Wyoming Department of Family Services is the sponsoring agency for these grants.
Apply for admission to NWC here. You must be an NWC student to be eligible.
Who is Eligible?
- Students enrolled in an Northwest College degree, credit diploma, or certificate program for the Fall 2022 Semester.
- Citizens, non-citizens, and international students
- Students enrolled in online, hybrid, or in-person classes (any combination)
- Students experiencing one or more of the following due to childcare cost:
- Reduced college course load
- Reduced credits earned in prior academic term
- Risk of reduced credits in the upcoming academic term
- Childcare costs prohibitive
Who is Not Eligible?
- Students not enrolled Fall 2022 Semester
- Students enrolled in dual and/or concurrent courses
- Students enrolled in a non-degree program
- Students enrolled in only life enrichment and/or professional development courses
- Students with no childcare costs
Assisting with Childcare Costs
6 Weeks - 24 Months
24 - 30 Months
2.5 - 3.4 Years
Preschool / PreK
3.5 - 12 Years
|2 or More Children
Grant Proration Based on Enrollment Status
Grant awards are prorated based on student enrollment as follows:
- 100% for full-time status (FT), 12+ credits
- 75% for quarter-time status (QT), 9-11 credits
- 50% for half-time status (HT), 6-8 credits
- 25% for less than half-time status (LTHT), 1-5 credits
Awarding Timeline and Procedure
Students need to apply using the Northwest College Emergency Childcare Assistance Grant application.
- Awarding to begin Sept. 14, 2022.
- Grant amount will be based on student's enrollment level at time of awarding.
- Funding is limited. Awards will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis as long as funding is available.
The Department of Family Services has a child care assistance program (referred to as subsidy) for income eligible people. Learn more about Child Care Financial Assistance in Wyoming.