Posted November 2, 2009
POWELL, Wyo. - The Northwest Choir joins the Northwest Civic Orchestra for an evening of opera favorites at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 14, in the Nelson Performing Arts Center Auditorium. Three works feature soloists Jan Kliewer and Marie Frame. Maurine Akin conducts. General admission is $7; senior citizens pay $5. Add this event to your calendar.
- Jan Kliewer, an NWC assistant professor of music, sings "O'du Mein Holder Abendstern" from Richard Wagner's "Tannhauser"
- Marie Frame, a student from Powell, is featured in two works:
- "Barcarolle" from "The Tales of Hoffman" by Jacques Offenbach, and
- "When I Am Laid in Earth" from "Dido and Aeneas" by Henry Purcell
- The overture from "The Abduction" from the "Seraglio" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- "Carmen Suite No. 1" by Georges Bizet
- The Northwest College Choir joins the orchestra for "Polovtsian Dances" from "Prince Igor" by Alexander Borodin.