Friday, August 25, 2017
Join us downtown!
WHEN: 4 PM to Midnight
WHERE: Downtown Powell
WHO: Powell residents, NWC students and employees, families, friends...EVERYBODY. All ages welcome.
Come out and help us introduce our students to Powell and Paint the Town Red!
- Dine inside or out! Food trucks will be available from 4-8 PM or visit your favorite downtown restaurant.
- A free concert featuring Kristin Merlin, third-place finisher from Season 6 of The Voice, at Plaza Diane. A street dance with DJ to follow.
- Participate from 4-6 PM in the Poker Run at various downtown businesses and win fabulous prizes.
- Vote on the best red-painted window at various local businesses – help the painters win a prize!
- Face painting and socializing: take photos and tag your posts with #PaintTheTownRedPowell.
- Basketball contests and Trapper Booster Club activities: basketball contests with prizes as well as other Trapper Booster Club activities are planned. Participants can meet their favorite Trapper athletes and get autographs in addition to entering a raffle for a Trapper jersey.
- Register for the Trapper Booster Club's Heart of a Trapper trail run and hike at Heart Mountain, taking place Saturday, August 26.
Poker Run: 4-6 PM
Pick up a score card at the Poker Run table and visit each participating business to select a random card from their deck. Record what card you got on your score card and make sure to visit enough businesses to make a full hand. Bring your score cards back to the Poker Run table where the winner will be determined at the end of the night. Prizes to be won!
Several local businesses will have their windows painted red by various local groups, clubs and teams. Visit the Poker Run table to get voting chips and be sure to visit each business to vote on the best red-painted window by throwing one of the voting chips in their bucket. Help the painters win a prize (and bragging rights)!
Athletic events on Saturday, August 26
- Trapper Women's Soccer on Trapper Field at 3 PM
- Trapper Men's Soccer on Trapper Field at 5 PM
- Trapper Volleyball in Cabre Gym at 7 PM