PsychologyAssociate of Art
What will I learn?
- Understanding of psychological goals, which include describing, explaining, predicting and shaping human behavior.
- Understanding of the many varied psychology concepts and theories and research findings used to describe and explain behavior.
- Abilities to describe, interpret, and evaluate research done by other psychologists, as well as to design, execute, and report your own research using measures, observations or experiments.
- Abilities to use psychological theories and research to enhance your personal, family, work, and community life.
What are graduates of NWC's Psychology Department doing now?
Most students who specialize in Psychology at Northwest College eventually transfer to a four-year school to complete a bachelor's degree. Many students transfer to the University of Wyoming Psychology Department, with whom we have a close working relationship and where a number of our graduates have been especially successful. Other graduates have transferred easily to numerous large and small public and private schools outside of Wyoming. If you do well in your studies at Northwest College, you will be well prepared to enter advanced studies in psychology at any college or university in the country.
- Forensic psychology
- Organizational psychology
- Clinical psychology
- Developmental psychology
Visit the College Catalog for more info:
Associate Professor of Psychology
800-560-4692 • 307-754-6132