Northwest College

Academic & Career Advising

Chadron State College

1000 Main Street
Chadron, NE 69337
Institutional Requirements

Students who have attempted 12 or more credit hours of coursework at NWC will be considered for admission to Chadron State College as a transfer student.

 NWC students transferring with an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree will have met all Essential Studies requirements with the exception of three (3) hours of upper-division essential studies electives, if their earlier coursework includes 30 or more credits of general studies courses. Completion of specific lower division courses may also be required in individual programs. Students with an Associate of Applied Science degree should check with the CSC Records Office for specific details regarding Essential Studies credits that may be required for graduation.

Articulation Information

 *66 total hours of coursework with grades of “C” or above will transfer from a regionally accredited 2-year school or a combination of 2-year schools, into most Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Science in Education degree programs at CSC.

  *Transfer students choosing to pursue the Bachelor of Applied Science degree must have completed the AS or AAS degree at NWC.  Up to 70 credit hours from 2-year institutions will transfer into this degree program at CSC.

Other Important Information

Transfer students who have earned an AA or AS degree at NWC with a minimum GPA of 3.5 are eligible to apply for one of 13 PTK full-tuition waivers (16 credit hours per semester for two years) at CSC. A 3.25 cum GPA is required to retain the scholarship for two years.

For more information, please visit the Phi Theta Kappa Web site.