NWC Comparison Tools
Students and their families are strongly encouraged to consult with the appropriate College departments (Academics, Advising, Athletics, Business Office, Financial Aid, Residence Life, etc) when considering enrollment at Northwest College. Students are also advised to utilize the College’s Net Price Calculator and the Financial Aid Shopping Sheet to help evaluate their ability to afford enrollment at the College.
- The NWC Net Price Calculator is intended to provide estimated net price information (defined as estimated cost of attendance — including tuition and required fees, books and supplies, room and board (meals), and other related expenses — minus estimated grant and scholarship aid) to current and prospective students and their families based on what similar students paid in a previous year.
- The NWC Financial Aid College Finance Plan is a model aid award letter designed to simplify the information that prospective students receive about costs and financial aid so they can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school. Once awarded, each NWC student can access their personalized Shopping Sheet, along with their actual NWC Financial Aid Award Letter, in four quick steps:
- Log in to the MyNWC College Portal
- Find the WebAdvisor Tab and click WebAdvisor for Students
- Click Financial Aid to reveal the menu
- Click Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
Other Comparison Tools
In addition to the NWC informational resources, the US Department of Education (USDOE) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) provide online resources to help consumers evaluate the quality, affordability, and other performance metrics of institutions of higher education. NWC recommends that students use these resources when comparing institutions of higher education.
- The College Navigator is a consumer tool that provides school information including tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, and student loan default rates, and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
- The College Scorecard is a planning and resource tool to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
- The Paying for College website tool can be used by prospective students to enter the names of up to three schools to receive individualized financial information and to compare actual financial aid awards.
- The TA DECIDE website is a dynamic information & comparison tool designed specifically to aid participants of DoD's Tuition Assistance (TA) program in making informed choices on schools and education programs. The TA DECIDE engine is fueled by more than 10 recognized and trusted data sources from across the departments of Defense, Education and Veterans Affairs.