In order to take some tests and to make full use of the Moodle Messaging system, you should enable Pop-ups for the Northwest College Moodle site. Most browsers will have an automatic pop-up blocker, and there may be additional ones built into add-ons like the Google or Yahoo toolbars. You may need to enable pop-ups in more than one place to ensure you receive your messages instantly. Instructions are given below for Firefox and Google Chrome. You may need to look around a bit to locate the Pop-up controls for other browsers or add-ons, though the process should be similar.
Due to limited compatibility, Internet Explorer is not recommended for Moodle use.
- Locate and click on the Tools menu. This is available through the orange "Firefox" box in the upper left corner of the browser. If you do not see the tools menu, you can hold down the Alt key on your keyboard then press and release the T key. Now release the Alt key. A Tools Menu should appear.
- Click the word “Options” from the bottom of the tools menu
- Click the Content icon from the top of the options window
- Click the Exceptions button to the right of the Block pop-up windows option
- Type moodle.nwc.edu into the “Address of web site” box, then click the Allow button.
- Click the Close button
- Click the OK button
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page.
- in the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Pop-ups" section, click Manage exceptions.
- Type moodle.nwc.edu into the “Add a new hostname” box, then click the Done button.
- Click Done again, and then close the Settings tab.
>> Back to list