Northwest College

Academic Programs

By Certificates


Majors / Programs

Comprehensive Skills Certificate
Skills Certificate
Advanced Welding  
Aerial Adventure Operations  
Agriculture - Production  
Archaeological Technician  
Audio Technician
(Sound or Music Technician)
Coach - Assistant  
Coach - Head  
Criminal Justice  
Digital and Social Media  
Drafting Technology  
Early Childhood Education  
Emergency Medical Services, Paramedicine
(EMT, Paramedic)
Equine Care & Basic Riding  
Equine Riding  
Equine Training  
Medical Assistant Certificate (CMA)  
Nursing Assistant (CNA)
(Certified Nursing Assistant)
Nursing: Practical Nurse (LPN)
(Licensed Practical Nurse or LPN)
Robotics Technology
(Welding Robotics Technology)
Welding - Gas Metal Arc Welding
Welding - Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
Welding Technology  
A.A. = Associate of Arts Degree
A.A. = Associate of Arts Degree
If you're not sure where you plan to transfer to after Northwest, or if you're not convinced you'll stick with your current major, consider an Associate of Arts degree. You'll take a broad spectrum of classes and probably more arts and humanities courses than with other degrees. An AA degree will put you on the road to a Bachelor of Arts degree.
A.S. = Associate of Science Degree
A.S. = Associate of Science Degree
If math and science rock your world, or if you have your eye on a pre-professional course of study at a four-year institution, the Associate of Science degree is worth looking into. Regardless of your major, if you're working toward an AS degree, you'll find yourself in more higher-level math and lab science classes. An AS degree prepares you for a Bachelor of Science degree.
A.A.S. = Associate of Applied Science Degree
A.A.S. = Associate of Applied Science Degree
If you're headed straight into the work world after graduating from Northwest but want to hold your options open for a management position later on, the Associate of Applied Science is your best choice. It can also lead to a job in community college technical teaching. With this degree, you'll take more classes directly related to your major and fewer general education classes like English and math. An AAS degree will work toward a Bachelor's of Applied Science degree or a Bachelor of science in career and technical education.
B.A.S. = Bachelor of Applied Science
B.A.S. = Bachelor of Applied Science
Students finishing their A.A.S. 2-year degree, or those with at least 60 credit hours, can continue on to earn their 4-year Bachelor of Applied Science in Professional Studies from NWC.
C.S.C. = Comprehensive Skills Certificate
C.S.C. = Comprehensive Skills Certificate
If you want a technical job (in graphic design, radio production or drafting, for instance), or if your major is in a field where having a degree won't necessarily boost your paycheck, a Comprehensive Skills Certificate may be right for you. Your classes will focus almost exclusively on your field of study. Hardly any math or English courses are required.
S.C. = Skills Certificate
S.C. = Skills Certificate
If you need a particular skill set to get a job or a promotion, a Skills Certificate is the way to go. Depending on the skill, it's possible to earn a certificate after as few as six credits. You'll be more employable without investing the time and money a degree requires. Also consider this option if you want to get a feel for college classes before committing yourself to a degree program.