Complete with food vendors, live music, and activities for all ages, Northwest College’s third annual Paint the Town Red event returns Friday, Aug. 23!
WHEN: 4:00 PM to Midnight
WHERE: Downtown Powell
WHO: Powell residents, Powell K-12 students, NWC students and employees, families, friends...EVERYBODY. All ages welcome.
Come out and help us introduce our students to Powell and paint the town Trapper red!
- First 200 wearing red win a prize!
- Dine inside or out! Food vendors will be available on the streets from 4:00-8:00 PM or visit your favorite downtown restaurant.
- A free concert at Plaza Diane with local musician Josh Westerhold from 5:00-6:00 PM and Indieville 2016 Male Solo Artist of the Year Conor Clemmons from 6:00-8:00 PM. A street dance with DJ to follow.
- Lots of activities for children planned, including balloon animals, face painting by the NWC Art Club, a portable planetarium and bouncy houses in The Commons. Note: the bouncy houses were cancelled for liability reasons.
- From 4-6 PM do some steamroller printmaking with the Ink Monkeys of the NWC Art Department, and try out a slackline by the NWC Outdoor Recreation department.
- Participate from 4-6 PM in a Codeword scavenger hunt at various downtown businesses and win fabulous prizes.
- Basketball contests with prizes as well as other Trapper Booster Club activities are planned. Meet your favorite Trapper athletes and get to know the new coaches.
- Receive a free photo print of you and your friends/family at the event by tagging your Instagram and Twitter posts with #PaintTheTownRedPowell
- Free late night movies at Vali Twin: 10:00 pm Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse and 10:15 Red Dawn (1984).
- Register for the Trapper Booster Club's Heart of a Trapper Hike at Heart Mountain, taking place Saturday, August 24.
- NWC Observatory Open House from 9:00 - 10:30 pm. Note: the Observatory Open House will be rescheduled for spring 2020.
Stay tuned for more details as they emerge!