Free Application for Federal Student Aid
FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It is the starting point for nearly all financial aid. Your FAFSA determines your eligibility for Pell Grants and other federal grants, as well as the amounts. The FAFSA is not a federal loan application. Apply for Federal Direct Loans here.
To Complete the FAFSA Application:
Review the following before beginning the application process.
- The student (and at least one parent if applicable) must have an FSAID to electronically file the FAFSA. To create a FSA ID click here.
- Northwest College's Title IV Code is 003931.
- Read and follow all instructions carefully, especially references to specific tax forms and lines.
- Answer every question.
- Be sure your name on the FAFSA matches your name on your social security card (do not use nicknames).
- Report taxes paid, not taxes withheld.
- If you are divorced or separated, report only your income.
- If you are married, you must report spousal income.
If you have questions, ask the Northwest College Financial Aid Office. Do not rely on the answers of family and friends.