Wyoming Works is a state program that provides grants for Wyoming residents and funding for Wyoming community colleges in select technical programs that meet labor and economic development needs. Space and grant funding is limited.
- Wyoming Works Standard Grant will be up to $1680 per academic year.
- Wyoming Works Critical Grant will be up to $3360 per academic year.
A student's grant amount will be limited to their remaining financial need after all other grants and scholarships are considered.
You will need to print the application below and submit it to email@example.com or fax it to 307.754.6154
- Must complete an annual FAFSA, be eligible for federal student aid, and demonstrate financial need.
- Must be a US citizen or a permanent US resident who meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under federal financial aid requirements.
- Must be a Wyoming resident.
- Must be not receiving the Hathaway Scholarship.
- As required, must be registered with the selective service.
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Must be a new program participant starting Fall 2019 or later.
- Must be enrolled in one of the eligible programs:
Eligible Credit Programs
Agriculture - Farm and Ranch Management, AAS
Agriculture - Production, AAS
Agriculture - Production, Certificate
Archaeological Technician, AS
Archaeological Technician, Certificate
Coach - Head, Certificate
Computer Science, AS
Criminal Justice, AAS
Criminal Justice, Certificate
Drafting Technology, AAS
Drafting Technology, Certificate
Electrical Apprenticeship, AAS Technical Studies
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Advanced
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Basic
Equine Business Management, AAS
Equine Care & Basic Riding, Certificate
Equine Riding, AAS
Equine Riding, Certificate
Equine Training, AAS
Equine Training, Certificate
Graphic Design, AA
Graphic Design, AAS
Medical Assistant Certificate (CMA)
Music Technology, AAS
Nursing Assistant, Certificate (CNA)
Nursing: Practical Nurse, Certificate (LPN)
Outdoor Recreation Leadership, AAS
Phlebotomy AMT, Certificate
Photographic Communications, AAS
Robotics Technology, Certificate
Veterinary Assistant, AAS
Welding - Advanced, Certificate
Welding - Gas Metal Arc Welding, Certificate
Welding - Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Certificate
Welding Technology, AAS
Welding Technology, Certificate
- Must maintain continuous enrollment in an eligible program.
- A student may transfer from one approved program to another while maintaining continuous enrollment at NWC, or transfer to another Wyoming community college and enroll in an approved program at the transfer institution immediately after transfer.
- A student may be eligible for this grant for no more than three academic years.