Your ability to budget your time while in college is truly critical to your academic success. Time management is really self-management. It is making the best use you can of that most precious resource, time. The objective is to control time before it controls you. Here are a few suggestions:
- Become more self-aware. Know how you use your time.
- Identify your time-wasters (for example, events, people and activities that are not too productive).
- Set goals for yourself (daily, weekly and monthly).
- Learn to schedule your activities and budget time for each activity.
- Don’t over schedule yourself. Learn to say “NO!” when you need to.
- Learn to prioritize what is most important and do it Now! Don’t procrastinate!
- Be flexible with your schedule, unanticipated events are almost sure to occur.