- Tuesdays, 8/16
- Powell Main Campus, FAB Annext Room 102
- $7 per class
- Cheryl Jaworowski, Certified Yoga Teacher, RYT200 / Prime of Life Yoga (POLY 150) / Yoga Therapy Student
Atha Yoga brings awareness to the mind, body and breath and what is happening now. Movements are gentle. Participants observe and explore how breath moves the body. These tools also develop sustained attention on the present and decrease stress. Use of props are encouraged for a steady and comfortable yoga practice. Wear comfortable clothes for ease of movement.
The following are benefits of yoga recognized by John Hopkins Medicine and Yoga Alliance:
- Yoga improves strength, balance, and flexibility.
- Yoga helps with back pain relief.
- Yoga can ease arthritis symptom.
- Yoga benefits heart health.
- Yoga relaxes you, to help you sleep better.
- Yoga can mean more energy and brighter moods.
- Yoga helps you manage stress.
- Yoga connects you with a supportive community.
Yoga promotes better self-care.