Complete with food vendors, live music, and activities for all ages, Northwest College’s fourth annual Paint the Town Red event returns Friday, Sept. 10!
WHEN: 4:00 PM to Midnight
WHERE: Downtown Powell
WHO: Powell residents, Powell K-12 students, NWC students and employees, families, friends...EVERYBODY. All ages welcome.
Come out and help us introduce our students to Powell and paint the town Trapper red!
- First 200 wearing red win a prize!
- Dine inside or out! Food vendors will be available on the streets from 4:00-8:00 PM or visit your favorite downtown restaurant.
- A free concert featuring musical artist Tris Munsick at Plaza Diane from 5:00-8:00 PM with a street dance with DJ to follow.
- Lots of activities for children planned, including face painting by the NWC Art Club, a portable planetarium in The Commons, temporary tattoos, and athletics games.
- Try out a slackline with the NWC Outdoor Recreation department.
- Participate from 4-6 PM in a scavenger hunt at various downtown businesses and win fabulous prizes.
- Basketball contests with prizes as well as other Trapper Booster Club activities are planned. Meet your favorite Trapper athletes and get to know the new coaches.
- Receive a free photo print of you and your friends/family at the event by tagging your Instagram and Twitter posts with #PaintTheTownRedPowell
A weekend full of fun in Powell, area residents can also plan to attend the Homesteader Days Festival, which will return to town Sept. 10 and 11 and will be held on First and Clark Streets. Stay tuned for more Paint the Town Red details as they emerge!