Gathering ideas and hear feedback about ways the College can reposition itself.
- SWOT Survey
- Focus group sessions
- Future Summit
- Working sessions
- Development of 3-4 core idea models for the College
Phase 1 Presentations, Documents, Raw Data and Feedback
1. Phase 1 Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats (SWOT) Survey
- Please Tell us your role / Please tell us how you most identify with Northwest College
- What core STRENGTHS does Northwest College have that should be leveraged and/or sustained in the future to position the College for growth and prosperity?
- Of the STRENGTHS you identified, what is the (1) one strength that, if amplified, could differentiate Northwest College in the minds of future students?
- What regional, national, or international OPPORTUNITIES can position Northwest College for transformation and growth?
- What new opportunities, that do not exist today at the College, could make Northwest UNIQUE & SPECIAL compared to other colleges? (For example, partnerships, programs, new skills/expertise, facilities, geographic location, specific student populations, processes/methods, etc.).
- What WEAKNESSES will hamper Northwest College’s ability to meet the changing demands of higher education and thus inhibit the College’s ability to thrive and grow?
- What factors/trends in the region, nationally, or internationally that are outside of the College could THREATEN the college’s viability and growth in the years to come?
- When you think about the legacy of Northwest College in the region, what parts of the College’s legacy do you HOPE will continue to be carried on in the future?
- What makes you most PROUD when you think about Northwest College?
2. Phase 1 Focus Groups
August and September 2020
Focus Group Dates:
The Future of NWC: August 25 Focus Group (in person)
Tuesday, Aug 25, 2020 | 5:30 PM
The Future of NWC: August 26 Virtual Focus Group (via Zoom)
Wednesday, Aug 26, 2020 | 3:00 PM
The Future of NWC: September 1 Virtual Focus Group (via Zoom)
Tuesday, Sep 1, 2020 | 7:30 AM
The Future of NWC: September 3 Virtual Focus Group (via Zoom)
Thursday, Sep 3, 2020 | 3:00 PM
The Future of NWC: September 8 Virtual Focus Group (via Zoom)
Tuesday, Sep 8, 2020 | 3:00 PM
3. The Future of NWC Community Summit 2020
September 10, 2020
Enrollment Opportunities for Adult, Minority, & International Students
Research Analyst / Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education
Leveraging Wyoming’s Natural Beauty and Surroundings for Institutional Differentiation
Assistant Provost for Extended Learning / Alderson Broaddus University
Centering Academic Innovation as a Source of Competitive Advantage
Executive Vice President / San Juan College
Power of Partnerships: Aligning K-12, Industry, Colleges, & Community for Long-Term Success
Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs / Barton College
4. Phase 1 Advisory Committee: Core Idea Workshop
Proposed Core Idea Options*:
- Renaming and rebranding the College
- Redesigning academic programs to be more flexible
- Building partnerships that support the region’s workforce needs
- Building opportunities for students to apply their learning in the real-world
- Enhancing the awareness and visibility of Northwest’s current offerings
*To be decided by the NWC Board of Trustees at a later date
5. Phase 1 Report