Qualifying veterans can receive financial assistance to attend college through the GI bill. It’s not a quick process, however, so apply at least a month before classes start.
- The first step is to apply for benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- After you receive your certificate of eligibility, mail or bring a copy to Dawn Kasinger in the NWC Financial Aid Office to claim your benefits
- You MUST sign and return the VA Standards form with a copy of your class schedule every semester to be eligible to receive your benefits.
Wyoming Air and Army National Guard
You are eligible for additional financial assistance if you are a Wyoming resident currently serving in the Air or Army National Guard. Contact Dawn Kasinger, 307-754-6040, for information.
Wyoming Veterans, Heroes and Their Survivors
Additional tuition assistance is available to qualifying Wyoming veterans and their survivors, as well as to qualifying survivors of Wyoming public service heroes.
Contact Deb Karst, 307-754-6270, if you are a:
- Wyoming Overseas Combat Veteran or surviving spouse or a child of a Wyoming Overseas Combat Veteran
- Wyoming Vietnam veteran or surviving spouse or child of a Wyoming Vietnam veteran
- Surviving spouse or child of a Wyoming firemen, law enforcement officer or emergency medical technician who was killed in the line of duty
If you're a Vietnam veteran, you'll need to complete the appropriate application and bring it, along with the long version of your DD214, to the Financial Aid Office.