Obtaining a library card and PIN
All NWC students, faculty and staff
are issued a NWC ID card that becomes your library card when we affix a library bar code number to it. Faculty/staff cards expire after 5 years. Student cards expire each year in July.
Community users and visiting researchers from other Wyoming institutions
may obtain a NWC community library card by asking at the front circulation counter or by contacting us
. Visitors may also use their Powell or Park County library card or another Wyoming-issued (WYLD) library card. Hinckley Library community/visitor cards expire after 3 years.
NWC library cards are accepted at the Park County Public Libraries in Powell, Cody, and Meeteetse as well at other WYLD libraries.
Your PIN number is assigned when you receive your library card (Other Wyoming library cards will have their own PIN numbers). Don't know your PIN?--come see us or contact us
. You may change your PIN by logging on to Your Library Account.
You will need your library card number and PIN.
Library Card # example: 29092... (do not include "a" or "b")
University of Wyoming Libraries and Wyoming Community College Libraries Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement (Check out items while visiting another library.)
The purpose of this Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement is to provide the Northwest College community with convenient access to circulating library materials for teaching and research when users are visiting a Wyoming academic library in person. This agreement includes the University of Wyoming libraries, Northwest College John Taggart Hinckley library, George Hopper Law Library, and Wyoming Community College libraries.
Current students, faculty, and staff with library accounts in good standing at their home libraries are eligible to borrow circulating library materials from a host library. Visiting users will be required to present a valid institutional photo ID to demonstrate eligibility for reciprocal borrowing from the host library and may be required to provide a government-issued ID for purposes of setting up a library account with the host library.
There is no cost for reciprocal borrowing privileges; however, borrowers may be charged late return and lost or damaged item fees according to the host library's policies. Borrowers should return materials directly to the host library and abide by the host library's policies.
This agreement is separate from any existing reciprocal agreements for interlibrary loans between institutions.
Loan Periods & Book Returns
- NWC faculty and staff may borrow library materials for one semester. Items may be renewed upon request.
Student, community members, and visiting UW & Wyoming Community College academics loan periods
- The main book collection is loaned for 28 days.
- Audiovisual (CD, DVD) items circulate for 1 week.
- Reserves are variable with 2-hour in-library use, which is the standard loan period.
- Periodicals are not circulated and must be used within the library.
- Items may be renewed at the discretion of the library staff. You may renew your items once under Your Library Account or by visiting the library.
- An outside Book Return slot is located to the right of the West entrance (bell tower side of library).
- Library materials may also be returned to the book drop slot located at the circulation counter. Items may also be mailed to our campus address.
- Hinckley Library does not charge daily fines; however, borrowers with lost or damaged items that need to be replaced will incur the cost of replacing the item, plus a $5.00 processing fee per item up to $25.00. If an invoice is not paid by the late date, an additonal $15.00 fee will be assessed.
- Hinckley Library prefers to have the items returned, rather than your money!