Northwest College

Out-of-State Students

Trapper Scholarships

Fill out the online scholarship application and you'll put yourself in the running for the NWC Trapper Scholarship (funded by private scholarships), plus our Academic, Activity-Talent and Athletic scholarships. Which Trapper Scholarship award level are you eligible for?

To see how much you're guaranteed to receive in your Trapper Scholarship (doesn't include Academic, Activity-Talent or Athletic awards you may be awarded), find the award level below that matches your high school GED/HiSet equivalency or ACT score, then trace to the right to find your award amount.

Award Level Annual Award Amount Requirements by Diploma Earned
GED 2002 Graduate Score GED 2014 Graduate Score HiSet Graduate Score Home
School Graduate
Presidential $1,500 3.50 and up 575 170 16 25
Excellence $1,200 3.00 – 3.49 540 164 14 21
Achievement $1,000 2.50 – 2.99 500 157 12 19

Western Undergraduate Exchange Program

You'll pay reduced out-of-state tuition if you live in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska*, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah or Washington. These states participate in the the Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE). Compare WUE tuition to Wyoming resident and nonresident tuition.

*Northwest College extends the WUE scholarship to Nebraska residents even though Nebraska is not a WUE state.

Welcome to Wyoming Scholarship

Out-of-state students who do not otherwise receive in-state or Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) tuition rates may also qualify for reduced tuition through the Welcome to Wyoming Scholarship. Applicants to Northwest College are automatically reviewed, and those who qualify will be notified and receive the award with no additional application required.

Students must be enrolled in a certificate or degree program and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and all classes must be taken at Northwest College.

Welcome to Wyoming Scholarship awards are at fixed amounts prorated for enrollment status each semester.

Enrollment Status Award Amount
15.0 credits or more
Full Time (12.0-14.5 credits)
Three Quarter Time (9.0-11.5 credits)
Half Time (6.0-8.5 credits)
Less than Half Time (0.5-5.5 credits)

Activity-Talent and Athletic Scholarships

You can also apply for Program, Activity-Talent and Athletic Scholarships through our online Scholarship Application.

For comprehensive application and eligibility requirements for all NWC Scholarships, please review the NWC Scholarships portion of the Financial Aid Disclosure & Consumer Information on our policies page.